Medication Administration – Basic Style
Description: This lecture will address the medications that many basic and first responder services carry. Having a better understanding of why we use these medications and how they are administered will create most of this presentation content. Safety and medication errors will be discussed also. Side effects and complications of each medication is an important part of this presentation.
- Review how medication is absorbed by the body
- State medication usage in the EMR and EMT setting
- Discuss side effects and intended effects of medication that is delivered by EMS personnel
- Restate indications for the use of medications in the BLS setting
- Establish a medication safety check system to avoid medication errors in the field
- Understand proper use of the medications that are carried by BLS EMS personnel