S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner Course
Description: Program provides general guidelines for the assessment and stabilization of sick infants in the post-resuscitation/pre-transport stabilization period. STABLE stands for the 6 program modules: Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood Pressure, Lab Work, Emotional Support.
- Learners will be able to identify infants at risk for hypoglycemia and how to prevent and treat it.
- Learners will be able to describe mechanisms of heat loss and the physiologic response of infants.
- Learners can describe signs of respiratory distress and list appropriate interventions.
- Learners will be able to list the 3 major types of shock seen in infants and the initial treatment.
- Learners will be able to describe the clinical signs of infection in infants.
Session Category : Pre-Conference