What a Bullet Will Do To Your Body
Description: This class will review ballistic injuries. Low, medium and high velocity injuries will be reviewed. Having a better understanding of what a bullet can do can make the EMS professional more aware of what may occur with these trauma patients.
- Describe how penetrating trauma can affect body tissues
- Review how low, medium and high-speed energy destroys body tissue
- Compare the injury patterns from low and high-speed projectiles
- Breakdown the anatomy of a gunshot occurring to the body
- Summarize the emergency medical care that is administered in the EMS setting