Mass Casualty: Are You Ready?
Description: In this presentation, we will explore previous mass casualty incidents (MCIs) and the response from providers– from first contact to hospital admission– that helped change the way we approach and plan for the next big incident in our own jurisdictions. We will explore the most likely possibilities for MCIs in our local regions, and ways to prepare ourselves and our departments to work effectively in the face of disaster.
- Understand the definition of MCI
- Be able to describe with constructive criticism previous MCI response
- Review and begin to develop MCI protocol for EMS
- Identify situations in which breaking from protocol is the appropriate MCI response
- Identify unique factors to consider in MCI for children and those with disabilities